Your George Holiday Package includes:
- Return flights from Johannesburg to George
- Approximate taxes
- 2 days car hire (Suzuki Celerio Hatchback or similar)
- 2 nights' self-catering accommodation in Wilderness at the basic 3-star Africamps at Oakhurst in a Luxury Tent on a room only basis
- CHILD RATE: R160 per child per day (3-16 years old)
- PLEASE NOTE: Maximum of 2 adults and 3 children allowed in a unit
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON:
Breakfast Baskets - R130 per adult / R90 per child (0-12 years)
Braai Baskets - R195 per adult / R125 per child (0-12 years)
Horse Riding: Full Day - R350 per person
Mountain Bike Hire - R250 per adult / R150 per child
Pricing subject to change at any time and needs to be confirmed at time of booking
Transfers, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and porterage, meals not mentioned, tours/sightseeing not mentioned
AfriCamps at Oakhurst is on Oakhurst farm, one of the few remaining large working farms along the Garden Route and covers a massive 640 hectares - 200 of which are pristine fynbos and indigenous forest. To fully immerse visitors in the beauty of the surroundings, the eight AfriCamps tents overlook rolling green fields and the beautiful surrounding Outeniqua mountains. Here the breathtaking Wilderness meets the Garden Route's lesser-known farm lifestyle. Grazing cows and horses create a truly authentic farm experience.
At Oakhurst there is no shortage of healthy outdoor fun to keep you and your kids busy. Tents overlook grassy fields, where our dairy cows might make their appearance. Try your luck at a spot of fishing or take out one of the canoes on our large farm dam close to the dairy. Soak up the views of the Outeniqua mountains in the distance from your private outdoor wood-fired hot tub, next to each tent. It's the purest form of relaxation, while taking in the beautiful surroundings. On hot summer days, use the tub as a splash pool! Kilometres of well-maintained single track through the forest is ideal for mountain biking or trail running and the farm's majestic waterfall makes for an adventurous forest hike. The kids can visit Oakhurst Dairy to watch cows being milked and calves being fed in their feeding camps either early morning or afternoon.
The Wilderness area offers guests the opportunity to explore the iconic Garden Route. Famous for its long stretch of unspoilt beaches, rivers, lakes and lagoons, Wilderness is a nature lover's paradise. The famous 'Map of Africa' viewpoint at Wilderness Heights shows off with a breathtaking vista of the Kaaimans River valley. Dolphin Point at the top of Kaaimans Pass has a magnificent view of endless ocean, with regular sightings of whales and dolphins in season.
There is so much to do in the area, visitors will be spoilt for choice. Hiking, dolphin and whale watching, hang gliding, paragliding, horse riding, mountain biking, scenic drives, the Wilderness Lakes Art Route, and ferry cruises all deserve a spot on your Wilderness bucket list. If you enjoy shopping, Wilderness also has many craft markets selling beautiful, locally made items.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum 2 night stay on weekends.
- *All rates and availability are quoted from a live dynamic database based on a 'from' price and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Best available rate quoted at time of enquiry.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed and alternatives may be offered.
- Airport taxes fluctuate daily and cannot be guaranteed.
- Rates are based on 2 people sharing unless otherwise stipulated.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- Identification in the form of passport, driver's licence or ID will be required at check-in at the hotel.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- There is deposit required for car rental on credit card for fuel and extras, valid unendorsed driver's license, passport or SA ID.
- All prices are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on the date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, public holiday, peak season, weekend surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: City tax, tourist tax, conservation levies and tourism levies are compulsory in some destinations and is payable by passengers directly.
- Full payment may be required at time of booking.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 24 August 2021.
- All packages and flights quoted are on sale until and have to be booked and paid for before 30 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- E and OE.